Build!IT® Desktop is a CAD-to-part inspection software that enables quick and easy dimensional verification of manufactured parts and assemblies. Build!IT®'s advanced analysis and reporting capabilities combine measurement data from multiple sources to produce detailed graphical and textual reports that are used to quickly identify manufacturing and production trends.
CAD-to-Part Graphical Inspection
Easily select model objects graphically from a tree view in the object manager.
Create customizable automated reports.
Intuitive 3D Workflow
Experience real-time visual inspections through color-coded tolerancing and graphical feedback.
- Surface and curve deviation plotting with tolerance-based or rainbow color scales;
- Graphical reports with user-defined call-outs or tabular reports;
- Automatic probe radius compensation.
Model-based GD&T Inspection Watch the video
- Geometry-based feature inspection with real-time deviation feedback;
- Conventional dimensional-tolerance inspection;
- Analysis tools for feature fitting to point clouds.
Reporting and Annotation
- Model-based GD&T inspection with support for MEA, DML, and AIMS import/export;
- Color-coded tolerance call-outs indicate pass-fail conditions on the display;
- Use predefined measurement plans or measure closest feature to the probe.
Archive Measurement Projects
- Customizable tabular and graphical reports in PDF and Excel formats;
- Measure distances, angles and deviations directly on the model;
- Graphical call-outs for points, curves and surface deviation, distances and angles;
- Device alignment reports;
- Geometry fit and comparison to nominal report;
- GD&T reporting with evaluation of tolerances.
Laser Tracker Measurement
- Measurement data and details are all recorded in a single database;
- Fully traceable measurement processes;
- Retrieve inspection projects years later to reconstruct and understand previous work.
- ADM and IFM-based measurement;
- Multiple home management;
- Routine calibration checks (backsight/two-face, closure);
- Level (gravity) measurements;
- On-board weather station support.
Graphical model-based tool building
- Live measurements to the nominal CAD model surfaces, curves and points;
- Point probing, scanning and cross-section based scanning;
- Tooling ball, ball-bar, fit-point, circle-point, mid-point and hidden-point measurement;
- Automated stable point triggers for hands-free operation;
- Support for remote controls to drive interactive measurement;
- Real-time geometric feature measurement with live feedback;
- Trigger cross-section measurements automatically, by time or by distance;
- Visual feedback from measure controls and digital read-outs;
- Real-time graphical feedback during measurement shows probe location and measurements;
- Temperature compensation for scale;
- Fitting of Lines, Circles, Planes, Spheres, Cylinders, and Cones with complete PDF reports.
Alignment to Design Geometry
- Graphical build arrows and live digital read-outs show you how to move details into position;
- Build to CAD geometry and tooling points in real-time;
- As you probe the assembly see instant live deviations to point, surfaces or curves;
- Build assemblies without hard tooling through the use of 3D build.
Multiple Device Support
- Best-fit alignments (points, surfaces and curves);
- Datum-based alignments;
- Device scaling due to temperature variations;
- Multiple devices with unique alignments and leap-frogging.
- Combining the use of laser trackers with portable arms in a single process;
- Quickly switch between them with a single click of a mouse.